The SMCC50 Committee received its initial data on the alumni from St Mary Academy and Monroe Catholic Central High School Class of 1971 from the Alumni Office of St Mary Catholic Central (SMCC) High School in Monroe, Michigan. We received this data for the purpose of organizing the 50th High School Reunion for the Class of 1971 for the two schools mentioned above which are now collectively known as SMCC. The SMCC Alumni Office has requested that we send them an update of alumni contact information upon completion of the 50th Reunion.
The data the SMCC Committee received consisted of basic contact information including Annual Giving Salutation, Title, First Name, Last Name, Maiden Name, Name Suffix, Address Line 1, Address Line 2, City_State, Zip Code, Home Phone, Cell Phone, Email Address, and Second Email Address. Upon completion of the 50th Reunion, the SMCC50 Committee will send a file back to the SMCC Alumni Office with updated data from these same fields. Alumni supplying updated information to the SMCC50 Committee will be allowed to Opt-Out of having their updated information sent back to the SMCC Alumni Office.
All other information collected from the alumni of the Class of 1971 is the sole property of the SMCC50 Committee to be used strictly for the purposes of organizing and running the 50th Class Reunion. Neither the contact information received from the SMCC Alumni Office, nor data collected from any correspondence between an alumnus and the SMCC50 Committee, will be released or sold to a third party or any other alumnus.
The SMCC50 Committee plans to publish on a special Alumni Biography page of this website alumnus pictures (preferably with spouse), biographical information, and social websites that you upload to this site. You may request that the SMCC50 Committee not publish this information.
As an alumnus, you have the following rights:
- To attend the any, or all, events hosted by the SMCC Alumni Office or SMCC50 Committee in connection with the 50th Reunion;
- Access to all pages on the 50th Reunion menu of the SMCC50.org website;
- Upon registration, access to all pages on the Class of 1971 menu of the SMCC50.org website;
- Upon registration, access to your personal Registration and Account information on SMCC50.org;
- The option to Opt-Out on your Account page. The Opt-Out can be toggled as many times as you want. However, the status of the Opt-Out flag at the conclusion of the 50th Reunion festivities will be used to determine whether your updated contact information will be sent to the SMCC Alumni Office.
- The option to Do-Not-Contact on your Account page. If you set the Do-Not-Contact flag, the SMCC50 Committee will cease all contact with you by mail, email, and phone. The SMCC50 Committee will also assume that you do not plan to attend any of the festivities connected with the 50th Reunion. You may toggle the Do-Not-Contact flag as many times as you desire. However, individual communications from the SMCC50 Committee will depend on the then current setting of the Do-Not Contact flag.
- The option to permit or deny permission to include your picture, biographical information, and social websites on the Alumni Biography page of this site
The SMCC50 Committee has the following rights:
- To search for contact information on all alumni of the Class of 1971;
- To make contact (by mail, email, or by phone) with individual alumnus for the purpose of advertising or supplying information concerning the 50th Reunion festivities. This right does not extend to alumnus who have set the Do-Not-Contact flag on their Account page;
- To collect information on Class of 1971 members for the purpose of organizing and running the 50th Reunion;
- To collect pictures, biographical information, and your social websites and to publish, unless you deny permission, this information on a special Alumni Biography page of this site.
- To collect money from alumnus who register to attend the 50th Reunion;
- To send updated contact information to the SMCC Alumni Office at the conclusion of the 50th Reunion. This right does not extend to alumnus who have set their Opt-Out flag by the end of the 50th Reunion festivities
Within six months after the conclusion of the 50th Reunion, the SMCC50.org website will be taken down and no longer accessible to anyone who registered with the site.